Learn how to become an actor for film & TV Online
Instructor: Megan Grace Martinez
Our beginner level On-Camera 1: Foundation online acting class teaches the foundation of acting technique for actors wanting to begin a career in film and television. This class is designed for actors who want to expand their skills and learn how to work in front of the camera. This online class will include:
- Training the actor to fulfill on-camera blocking and direction while incorporating truthful moment-to-moment involvement and spontaneity
- Improvisational exercises to provide the foundation for developing an understanding of character and relationship
- Scenes are assigned, rehearsed, then recorded, with director adjustments, allowing students to see how their work translates on screen and how vital specific work is to the film medium
This class meets once per week online.
Looking for more advanced on-camera classes? Try:
Ready to apply?
- This is a beginning level acting class but some acting experience or training is preferred. If you need more training, check out our Acting Classes for Beginners.
- If you’re new to T. Schreiber Studio, select the LOGIN/CREATE AN ACCOUNT button below to sign up and submit your FREE application.
- Questions? Leave us a message at 212-741-0209 or email us at studo@TSchreiber.org.
New to online classes? See what our students think about studying digitally.
About the Instructor: Megan Grace Martinez
An alumna of Muhlenberg College, T. Schreiber Studio, and the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre, Megan has been acting for over 30 years. She has performed in the Philadelphia, New York, and Edinburgh Fringe Festivals, and has worked as a teaching artist in Allentown and Philadelphia public schools. A SAG-AFTRA member since 2008, Megan is the Executive Producer of Pica Pica Pictures, whose short films have been honored at several film festivals. In addition to her work as an actor, teacher, and producer, Megan is a singer, writer, director, and VO artist who performs with two indie improv teams in New York, ButterOath and Artisanal Pickles. Her NYC credits include T. Schreiber Theatre (Harper Regan, Schreiber Shorts), Columbia University Stages (Spoon River, The Bacchae), Nylon Fusion (The Donor Class), En Garde Arts’ BOSSS Festival (Given the Present), Randomly Specific Theatre (Arbuckle Syndrome, The Ladies of Glen Ross), Manhattan Children’s Theatre (The Lonely Phone Booth), Hi-Excellent Theatre Co (Dolores, Lila on the Wall), and the New York Film Academy (Eleven).Read more about Megan