Learn how to become an actor for film and television
Instructor: Robert Verlaque
Our Beginner On-Camera class teaches the foundation of acting technique for actors wanting to begin a career in film and television. This class is designed for actors who want to expand their skills and learn how to become an actor in front of the camera with techniques that can be translated to acting for movies, television, or even commercials. This class will include:
- Training the actor to fulfill on-camera blocking and direction while incorporating truthful moment-to-moment involvement and spontaneity
- Improvisational exercises to provide the foundation for developing an understanding of character and relationship
- Scenes are assigned, rehearsed, then filmed, with director adjustments, allowing students to see how their work translates on screen and how vital specific work is to the film medium
This six-week course meets once a week.
Ready to apply?
- This is a beginning level acting class but some acting experience or training is preferred. If you need more training, check out our Acting Classes for Beginners.
- If you’re new to T. Schreiber Studio, select the LOGIN/CREATE AN ACCOUNT button below to sign up and submit your FREE application.
- Questions? Give us a call at 212-741-0209 or visit our Help Page to send us a message.
6:30pm - 10:30pm
Fee: $445/6 classes (plus $75 registration fee for new students)
About the Instructor: Robert Verlaque
Robert Verlaque has been a professional actor, director, teacher and writer for over 30 years and teaches in Toronto, Los Angeles and New York, including here at T. Schreiber Studio. He starred in the Disney release The Games Maker opposite Joseph Fiennes, Ed Asner, and David Mazouz; as well as the film Indignation with Tracy Letts, Logan Lerman, written and directed by James Schamus. Additionally, he has guest-starred on Jessica Jones, Boardwalk Empire, Saving Hope, Warehouse 13, Cracked, and Reign. He’d also had a recurring role as ‘Judge Gus Benjamin’ on Suits. He performed in New York in the critically acclaimed world premiere of The Road to Damascus.
Robert is a produced playwright and screenwriter, with plays produced in NY, San Diego and Toronto. His full-length play ‘Icarus Sings’ was work shopped in NY last season for a Toronto production. Among the many talents he has been fortunate to work with are Christopher Plummer, Mike Nichols, William H. Macy, William Hurt, Harvey Keitel, Cybill Shepard, Mary Louise Parker, Christopher Walken, Stanley Tucci, Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, among others.
Furthermore, Robert has extensive directing credits in New York, Toronto, and regional theatre. His New York directing credits include Labyrinth Theatre Co., Playwrights Horizons, Ensemble Studio Theatre, Acorn Theatre Co., Circle Rep East, The Shooting Gallery, and The Actors Studio, among others.Read more about Robert