Shake Off the Shakespeare Nerves
Make the Text Personal & Relatable
Experience and Master the Bard's Language
It’s time to knock Shakespeare off the pedestal!
Resident Shakespeare teacher Page Clements helps actors connect to Shakespearian and Classical texts by deciphering the text, mastering the language, and relating it to the universal human condition. Shakespeare illuminates a whole new way to connect with your audience and some of the greatest characters ever written. These Shakespeare classes, from NYC-based acting studio T. Schreiber, are perfect for those interested in performing classical text, as well as contemporary actors interested in strengthening their fluency with language.
Shakespeare is for you if you...
Are intimidated by all the “thous” and “wherefores.”
Can’t figure out what makes your Shakepearian or classical characters tick.
Worry you’re missing the point when Romeo’s bestie starts talking about that fairy queen.
After this course, you will…
Have the tools to speak Shakespearian like it was originally intended -- easily and for the everyday person.
Know how to connect the struggles of the characters from Elizabethan England to the problems of today.
Be able to use voice, relationship, and intention to unlock fine writing.
Shakespeare / Classical Monologues
Two contrasting classical monologues are assigned. The Shakespeare / Classical Monologues class meets once a week for six weeks. Open to all levels – a strong work ethic and a great desire to explore is required. The goals of this course are to:
- Build confidence in using the full range of your vocal and physical expression
- Tackle challenging writing with a focus on text analysis and storytelling
- Learn how to apply the work classical pieces demand to contemporary texts
Shakespeare Scene Study meets once a week for six weeks and requires completion of Shakespeare Monologues, Shakespeare Levels 1 & 2, or equivalent.
Students will work on scenes in pairs, receiving in-depth constructive critiques from the teacher. The goals are to:
- Mine the texts for hidden meanings, text clarity, and rhythm
- Explore the full range of physical and vocal expression
- Further unlock the text with advanced exercises to enhance the actor’s emotional life and imagination
- Connect with and fully develop the characters to truthfully share Shakespeare’s stories
- Prepare to skillfully use Shakespeare in both audition rooms/Zooms and full productions
Shakespeare / Classical Monologues or Shakespeare Scene Study
Instructor: Page Clements
Ready to apply?
- Shakespeare / Classical Monologues is an open level class and no audition is required. You can apply online.
- Shakespeare Scene Study is an intermediate/advanced level class. You can apply online. An audition is required.
- Select the LOG IN/CREATE ACCOUNT button to sign up and submit your application.
- Questions? Call us at 212-741-0209 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
6:30pm - 10:00pm
SHAKESPEARE SCENE STUDY Meets once a week on Tuesdays/6 classes - IN PERSON
Fee: $335/6 classes (plus $75 registration fee for new students)
In-Studio classes require proof of full vaccination before enrolling. Masks are currently required at all times, except while working. We reserve the right to adjust these policies at any time. Click here to see our in-studio guidelines.
Page Clements is a Reader’s Choice Winner in Backstage for her work as a vocal and dialect coach. She is on staff at T. Schreiber Studio, where she teaches Shakespeare, Dialects, Accent Reduction, and Vocal Production. Page has been an adjunct vocal instructor at the Larry Singer Studios, Lycoming College, and Marywood University, as well as a private coach for actors and public speakers. As an actress, she has performed in over 60 productions in the New York City area, including shows at the Roundabout Theatre Co., the NY Shakespeare Exchange, the Metropolitan Playhouse, and the Phoenix Theatre Ensemble. She has been the vocal/dialect coach for many productions, including Ted Greenberg’s one-man show, Ace, in its 5-week Off-Broadway run.
Explore the full range of Shakespeare's physical and vocal expression to bring life to your classic and contemporary work. Learn a dialect of your choice and explore the depth of challenging text from Shakespeare, Moliere, and more.
45-minute private coaching with Page Clements
Not sure where to start or which class to take next? That’s why we have Acting Tracks, T. Schreiber’s proven approach to developing & fostering well-rounded actors. Choose your focus area or level of study and commit to one of our acting tracks which includes three courses and a private coaching session with one of our master teachers.