IN-PERSON COVID GUIDELINES
We are so excited to return to in-person classes at our Studio in Chelsea, and hope you are too! For the health, safety, and comfort of our entire community, we will strictly adhere to the following Covid safety protocols. We understand that some people, for a variety of reasons, may not be able to adhere to our current in-person policies. For those actors, and those outside of NYC, we will continue offering many of our classes online.
We will continue to revisit these rules to ensure they are still appropriate for the safety of our students, faculty, and staff. You can always find our current safety guidelines on our website at www.tschreiber.org/staying-healthy. As we navigate through this transition together, we will be overly cautious to start, relaxing the rules as it is safe to do so. We reserve the right to adjust these policies at any time.
Our current official Covid policies are as follows:
- For classes that require rehearsals outside of class time, we encourage actors to rehearse virtually, outdoors, or in our Studio when space is available.
- For everyone’s safety, we reserve the right to transition any in-person class to online learning at any time. No refunds or credits will be issued in this event.
- All in-person students must sign a COVID waiver before the first class.
- Masks are currently required at all times, except while performing.
- We have installed a Covid-compliant air filtration system and a bipolar ionizer designed to pull in fresh outside air while circulating and purifying the indoor air. Additional ionizers will be placed as needed.
- Everyone entering our Studio must be fully vaccinated (2+ weeks from your last shot) without exception.
- Before enrolling in an in-person class, we require proof of vaccination (a picture of your vaccination card or a screenshot of your NYS Excelsior pass) to be emailed to email@example.com.
- On the day of your first in-person class, you must bring your physical vaccination card to be allowed entry. Subsequent visits will not need proof of vaccination once we have initially verified your status.
- Class sizes will be kept small to allow for adequate personal space.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the Studio for frequent use.
- Gatherings before and after class should happen outside the building, not in the Studio space.
- Any props or set pieces that will come into contact with your face, eyes, nose, or mouth (such as glasses, mugs, cutlery, pillows, and sheets) have been removed from the classrooms and must be brought from home as needed. Clean disposable plates, cups, and cutlery will be available for use in scene work.
- If you are experiencing Covid symptoms, you must not attend class. Credits or refunds will be given for missed classes only with proof of a current positive Covid test. In the event that someone you’ve come into contact with during class falls ill, you will be promptly notified.
- Any person not following these rules may be asked to leave.
If conditions change and we determine that in-person classes are no longer viable, we may transition back to online learning as needed.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO REMAIN INFORMED
For more information here are some resources: