We are so excited to return to in-person classes at our Studio in Chelsea, and hope you are too! For the health, safety, and comfort of our entire community, we will strictly adhere to the following Covid safety protocols. We understand that some people, for a variety of reasons, may not be able to adhere to our current in-person policies. For those actors, and those outside of NYC, we will continue offering many of our classes online.
Because the pandemic is evolving, we will continue to revisit these rules to ensure they are still appropriate for the safety of our students, faculty, and staff. As we navigate through this transition together, we will be overly cautious to start, relaxing the rules as it is safe to do so. We reserve the right to adjust these policies at any time.
Our current official Covid policies are as follows:
- Everyone entering our Studio must be fully vaccinated (at least 2 weeks from your last shot) without exception.
- Before enrolling in an in-person class, we require proof of vaccination (a picture of your vaccination card or a screenshot of your NYS Excelsior pass) to be emailed to email@example.com.
- On the day of your first in-person class, you must bring your physical vaccination card to be allowed entry. Subsequent visits will not need proof of vaccination once we’ve initially verified your status.
- While masks are currently required to enter the building, once in the Studio space, masks are optional.
- Class sizes will be kept small to allow for adequate personal space.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the Studio for frequent use.
- Outside of scene work, there will be no eating allowed in the Studio space.
- Gatherings before and after class should happen outside the building, not in the Studio space.
- We have installed a Covid-compliant air filtration system designed to pull in fresh air from outside, and constantly circulate and purify the indoor air with an in-unit ionizer. Additional ionizers will be placed as needed.
- Any props or set pieces that will come into contact with your face, eyes, nose, or mouth (such as glasses, mugs, cutlery, pillows, and sheets) have been removed from the classrooms and must be brought from home as needed. Paper plates and plastic cups & cutlery will be available for one-time use in scene work.
- If you are experiencing Covid symptoms, you must not attend class. Credits or refunds will be given for missed classes with proof of a positive Covid test. In the event that someone you’ve come into contact with during class falls ill, you will be promptly notified.
- Any person not following these rules may be asked to leave.
If conditions change and we determine that in-person classes are no longer viable, we may transition back to online learning as needed.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO REMAIN INFORMED
For more information here are some resources: