The T. Schreiber Studio is proud to have honored Eli Wallach and Anne Jackson with the 2000 “Life in the Theatre” Achievement Awards at its Annual Gala Dinner on Monday, January 24, 2000 at The Players, 16 Gramercy Park South, New York City. Betty Buckley was the Mistress of Ceremonies.
On this special evening, along with 230 guests, the T. Schreiber Studio celebrated 31 years of teaching the craft of acting. It was attended by several celebrities, all of whom were there to honor Eli and Anne. Some of these notables included:
- Brian Dennehy, Tony Award Winner for Death of a Salesman
- Tony Randall
- Jason Robards
- Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller
- Bob Dishy, currently in The Price
- Milo O’ Shea
- Frank Langella
- Ruby Dee
- Ossie Davis
- Elizabeth Franz, Tony Award Winner for Death of a Salesman
Other notables from the theatre world included:
- Roger Berlind, last year’s award recipient, Tony Award winning producer, and currently producer of Kiss Me Kate
- Gerald Shoenfeld, Broadway Producer, The Shubert Organization
- Isabelle Stevenson, American Theatre Wing
Edward Norton again served as the chair of this year’s Honorary Committee. The Players provided a special intimate setting for this celebrity-filled event. Like our 1999 Gala, our event this year was entirely sold out with attendance by many notable actors, directors, playwrights, producers and patrons of the theatre.
Thank you for supporting the T. Schreiber Studio and our outstanding artists.