T. Schreiber Studio & Theatre is listed as one of “New York’s 50 Best Places to Keep Your Spirit Alive.”
New York City Mayor Bill Deblasio recognized T. Schreiber Studio for empowering a new generation of actors (2019).
The New York State Legislature issued a Proclamation honoring T. Schreiber Studio for its 50 years of committed teaching of stage and screen acting in New York City (2019).
2016 NYIT WINNERS!
2015-2016 NYIT NOMINATIONS
Schreiber Studio was nominated for 13 awards for the 2015 – 2016 season! Visit NYITAwards.com for more info.
Past Nominations & Winners
2014 New York Innovative Theatre Award Nominations:
- Outstanding Actress in a Lead Role: Noelle McGrath for PHILADELPHIA, HERE I COME!
WINNER! Stephan Alan Wilson won the 2012 NYIT Award for Outstanding Actor in a Featured Role T. Schreiber’s The Last Days of Judas Iscariot!
WINNER! T. Schreiber’s Balm in Gilead has taken home the grand prize at the NYIT Awards for 2011 Outstanding Production of a Play!
Backstage Readers Choice Awards 2011: The Cast of Balm in Gilead named amongst the Top Five Favorite Stage Performances in the Past 12 Months (runners-up to Mark Rylance)
Show Business Magazine 2011: Belle Caplis & Jill Bianchini named in Show Business Magazine’s Top 11 NY Performances in 2010-2011 for their performances in Balm in Gilead.
2011 New York Innovative Theatre Award Nominations: We have received an overwhelming 8 NYIT nominations:
- Outstanding Production of a Play: Balm in Gilead
- Outstanding Ensemble: Balm in Gilead
- Outstanding Actress in a Lead Role: Jill Bianchini for Balm in Gilead
- Outstanding Actress in a Lead Role: Belle Caplis for Balm in Gilead
- Outstanding Set Design: Matt Brogan for Balm in Gilead
- Outstanding Set Design: Hal Tiné for The Changing Room
- Outstanding Costume Design: Anne Wingate for Balm in Gilead
- Outstanding Sound Design: Andy Cohen for Balm in Gilead
Past Awards & Accolades for T. Schreiber Studio & Theatre
New York Innovative Theatre Awards:
- Outstanding Actress in a Featured Role: Summer Crockett Moore in Last Summer at Bluefish Cove (2006)
- Outstanding Actor in a Featured Role: Trey Gibbons for How I Learned to Drive (2006)
- Outstanding Set Design: Eddy Trotter for Love! Valour! Compassion! (2006)
- Oustanding Set Design: George Allison for Picasso at the Lapin Agile (2007)
- Outstanding Lead Actor: Julian Elfer for Twelfth Night (2009)
2010 Backstage Readers’ Choice Awards:
- Acting Company to Act With: T. Schreiber
- Off-Off Broadway Theatre Company to See: T. Schreiber
Runners-Up For: Scene Study Teacher: Terry Schreiber, Dialect Coach: Page Clements, Vocal/Singing Coach: Page Clements, On- Camera Teacher/Class: Peter Miner, Commercial Workshop Class: John Howard Swain
2009 Backstage Readers’ Choice Awards:
- Favorite Scene Study Class: T. Schreiber
- Favorite Off-Off Broadway Theatre: T. Schreiber
- Favorite Dialect Coach: Page Clements
- Favorite Cold Reading Class: T. Schreiber
- Favorite Vocal Coach: Page Clements
Runners-Up For: Favorite Rehearsal Studio, Favorite Casting Director Workshop
T. Schreiber Studio has been recognized by NYTheatre for outstanding contributions to the cultural landscape.