T. Schreiber Studio for Theatre and Film
The T. Schreiber Studio for Theatre and Film, New York City’s premiere acting studio, is opening a search for a Managing Director to co-lead our organization into the next phase of community building through theatre, film, artist training, and high-quality productions. The Managing Director should be a performing arts management professional who will co-lead our prestigious, highly acclaimed acting studio and theatre. In collaboration with the Artistic Director and Board of Directors, responsibilities include supervision of staff, recruitment, and growth of enrollment, revenue planning and building, fundraising, finance/budget management, marketing, communications, human resources, producing productions, and operational oversight of the company. The Managing Director will contribute to the realization of the Artistic Director’s vision for new programs, theatre productions, and the cultivation and commissioning of new playwrights. The organization is looking for someone excited to learn the studio’s existing structure and systems and develop strategic innovative methods that promote growth and our overall mission.
In our ongoing commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism, we strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
- A strong commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism in the arts
- An open mind, creative spirit, and talent to lead and thrive in a fast-paced and prolific company
- 1-3 years of experience working in/leading teams within arts and/or educational organizations
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience leading, managing, and motivating a small staff of professionals
- Experience building and managing budgets
- Interest in capacity and organizational building/planning
- Interest in marketing and promotions within arts and/or educational organizations
- Training, advanced degree, and/or relevant experience in performing arts management or the arts
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using content management software (CMS)
Recommended Skills – interest or experience in:
- Individual-giving, grant writing, sponsorships, other fundraising activities
- Artist training/arts education
- Board of Directors communications/relations
- Recruiting students and promoting enrollment in an educational setting
- New play development and literary management
- Digital marketing campaign and website management
- Producing theatre
Internships are available to train and support the development of students and young professionals interested in arts administration, arts education, new works and marketing. Internships are tailored to the skills and interests of each individual and support the studio’s day-to-day operation.
An internship with the T. Schreiber Studio provides an excellent chance for aspiring arts administrators to gain a comprehensive understanding of the day to day, quarterly and annual operation of a theatre and film school. Opportunities for learning include organizational management and development, grant research & writing, marketing and new program development including T. Schreiber’s New Works Initiative and Annual play festival.
Internships are offered on a rolling basis and are flexible- typically 15-20 hours per week. Internships at T Schreiber Studio are unpaid, but college credit can be arranged. To be considered for an internship, please send your resume and a brief statement introducing yourself and explaining why you’d like to work at T Schreiber Studio to email@example.com.