Kids & Teens Acting Classes
Is your child or teen interested in acting?
Our goal is to build confident young actors with the skills to create truthful and effective performances for stage, film, and television.
Ages 8-12 & 12-16
2020 Spring Semester: Learn to Command an Audience!
Dates: March 28 – June 13, 2020 (no class April 11, May 23)
Schedule: Saturdays (10 Sessions/20 hours)
Kids ages 8-12 – 12:30pm – 2:30pm – sold out
Teens ages 12-16 – 3:00pm -5:00pm
What can you expect from our classes?
- Our acting classes for kids will introduce students to the same tools that our adult professional actors use in a safe and fun environment
- Develop a strong acting foundation through improvisation, character development and scene work
- Students learn to follow performance instincts, take direction, collaborate, and work as part of a team
- Focus placed on the skills to successfully audition and land the job
- Our goal is to build confident young performers with the skills to create truthful and effective performances for stage, film, and television
- Your child will develop communication skills that will prove valuable beyond the classroom or stage, and help nurture their confidence as a well-rounded individual for years to come.
Our Working Kid & Teen Actors
In our kids & teens acting classes this semester, students will:
- Immerse themselves into character and scene work while learning to take direction.
- Learn the basics of scene transition and set dressing & cues.
- Put on their directing hat and work with other students directing and learning from one another.
- Gain confidence in crafting their own show opening monologue, tapping into their own special skill set.
- The class will culminate with a final informal showcase of their work for friends family plus industry professionals.
Weeks 1-3: Onstage foundation building, projecting your voice, freeing your body for the stage. Staging and stage pictures.
Weeks 4-6: Scene work and directing.
Weeks 7-10: Show opening monologue. Week 10-FINAL SHOWCASE.
Instructor: Jazelle Foster of Denise Simon Acting & Coaching
A working actor mostly known for her reoccurring role in ABC’s What Would You Do?! with John Quinones. Commercial work for brands such as Olay, Target, AT&T & Uber.
Jazelle has taught hundreds of child actors and teens around New York City as well as online on her Youtube where she teaches 106K students & parents the ins and out of starting an actor career.
Be truthful, honest & open and the work you are meant to do will come.
Ready to apply?
If you’re new to T. Schreiber Studio, select the LOGIN/CREATE AN ACCOUNT button to sign up and submit your FREE application.
Booking for the full-year program is the best way to guarantee a spot in the class and get a discounted rate each semester.
Taking the full year curriculum creates consistency of building skills and honing technique.
ONE YEAR: 3 Semesters: $1650 (Discount rate $550 per semester)
Questions? Give us a call at 212-741-0209 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acting classes take place on Saturdays for 2 hours and starting times vary depending on age group. See below for more information and starting dates.
- You can join us for a full-year acting program, or enroll by semester. Each semester focuses on a different subject.
- Booking for the year is the best way to guarantee a spot in the class and get a discounted rate each semester. Taking the full year curriculum creates consistency of building skills and honing technique.
We have so many working young actors, booking commercial, film & television work. Breakout star and Emmy nominee Julia Garner (featured in the hit series of Ozark, Maniac, The Americans, Waco, and more) originally joined us at T. Schreiber Studio as a teen to overcome her shyness. Her work with instructor Pamela Scott gave her the skills and confidence to audition and land these coveted roles. She still works with Pam today!
Our Kid & Teen acting classes are a great way to introduce them to the wonderful world of acting, while building confidence and nurturing skills in taking direction, collaboration, and working as part of a team.
The goal is for students to develop a strong acting foundation through improvisation, character development and scene work. Students learn to follow performance instincts, take direction, collaborate, and work as part of a team. Focus placed on the skills to successfully audition and land the job.
The best part? All our classes are limited to small groups to allow for individualized instruction and feedback.