Kids Acting Classes: Fundamentals of Acting
Instructor: Jazelle Foster of Denise Simon Acting & Coaching
Spring Semester: Performance Skills
- 8 Sessions/20 hours
- Work on partner scenes for live performance
- Students will immerse themselves into scene work
- Taking direction and working with partners, students will gain the ability and confidence needed for performance.
- The class will culminate with a final informal showcase of their work.
What can you expect from a kids acting class?
- Our acting class for kids ages 8-11 will introduce students to the same tools that our adult professional actors use in a safe and fun environment
- Develop a strong acting foundation through improvisation, character development and scene work
- Students learn to follow performance instincts, take direction, collaborate, and work as part of a team
- Focus placed on the skills to successfully audition and land the job
- Our goal is to build confident young performers with the skills to create truthful and effective performances for stage, film, and television
- What makes us unique? All our classes are limited to small groups to allow for individualized instruction and feedback
When are classes and what is the time commitment?
- Our youth acting classes take place on Saturdays for 2 1/2 hours from 12:30-3:00pm. See below for more information and starting dates.
- PERFORMANCE SEMESTER DATES
April 13 (no class April 20)
May 18 (no class May 25)
June 1 performance
- You can join us for a full-year acting program, or take a single semester. Each semester focuses on a different subject.
Ready to apply?
- If you’re new to T. Schreiber Studio, select the LOGIN/CREATE AN ACCOUNT button below to sign up and submit your FREE application.
- Questions? Give us a call at 212-741-0209 or visit our Help Page to send us a message.
Looking for acting classes for teens ages 12-16? CLICK HERE for our Teen Acting Program