Teen Acting Classes: Fundamentals of Acting
Instructor: Jazelle Foster of Denise Simon Acting & Coaching
Full-Year / Fall Semester Classes start October 13! Login or create an account below to enroll.
What can you expect from the a teen acting class?
- Our teen acting class will introduce students to the same tools that our adult professional actors use in a safe and fun environment
- Develop a strong acting foundation through improvisation, character development and scene work
- Students learn to follow performance instincts, take direction, collaborate, and work as part of a team
- Focus placed on the skills to successfully audition and land the job
- Our goal is to build confident young performers with the skills to create truthful and effective performances for stage, film, and television
- What makes us unique? All our classes are limited to small groups to allow for individualized instruction and feedback
When are classes and what is the time commitment?
- Our teen acting classes take place on Saturdays for 2 hours from 2:30-4:30pm. See below for more information and starting dates.
- You can join us for a full-year acting program, or take a single semester. Each semester focuses on a different subject. Further explanation of each semester can be found below.
- Booking for the full-year program is the best way to guarantee a spot in the class and get a discounted rate each semester. Taking the full year curriculum creates consistency of building skills and honing technique. Young actors have the advantage of continually improving their work.
Who are some notable alumni?
- Breakout star Julia Garner (featured in the hit series of Ozark, Maniac, The Americans, Waco, and more) originally joined us at T. Schreiber Studio as a teen to overcome her shyness. Her work with instructor Pamela Scott gave her the skills and confidence to audition and land these coveted roles. She still studies with Pam today!
Beginning teen acting classes now enrolling for Full-Year (3 semesters) or Fall Semester starting October 13th. Login or create an account below to enroll.
- Full-Year Program: 3 semesters for $1,550 (BEST DEAL! Discounted rate from $450-$550 per semester)
- Fall Semester: $495
We keep our weekly class sizes small to keep a safe space with individualized instruction and support. That’s why booking for the Full-Year Program is the best way to guarantee a spot in the teen acting class.
Taking the Full-Year acting curriculum creates consistency for building skills and honing technique. Teen actors will have the advantage of continually improving their work and will be more likely to audition and book roles.
Fall Semester: Intro to Truthful Acting for Teens
Dates: Saturdays, October 13 – December 8, 2018 (No class Nov 24)
Time: 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- 8 Sessions/16 hours
- Basic acting skills – monologues and scenes.
- Teens will begin to build a solid acting foundation in these classes through exercises, improvisation, monologues and scene work while working with other young actors in a fun and non-competitive class. Students will learn new skills and gain the ability to listen and take direction. Scene analysis, character, and emotional development will all be covered.
Winter Semester: On Camera Audition Technique
Dates: Saturdays, January 5 – March 23, 2019* (No class Jan 19, Feb 16)
*Registration begins in November.
Time: 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- 10 Sessions/20 hours
- Film/TV acting/audition technique – filmed TV scenes for parents
- Teens will work in front of the camera and learn how to make quick, bold choices. A copy of their work on video will be provided as a teaching tool. Build confidence and self-esteem in a small, nurturing class setting as you discover your inner artist and learn how to land the role!
Spring Semester: Performance Skills
Dates: Saturdays, March 30 – June 8, 2019* (No class April 20, May 25)
*Registration begins in January.
Time: 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- 9 Sessions/18 hours plus performance
- Work on partner scenes for live performance
- Students will immerse themselves into scene work using the skills they have learned throughout the year. Taking direction and working with partners, students will gain the ability and confidence needed for performance. The class will culminate with a final informal showcase of their work.
Looking for acting classes for kids ages 8-11? CLICK HERE for our Kids Acting Program.